All schools and youth organizations participating in Start With Hello Week are eligible to apply for a Start With Hello Award. The Start With Hello Week Planning Guide contains tips and best practices that will help with your application.
The completed application, along with supporting documents, must be submitted between February 10 and March 3, 2017. No application will be accepted past 11:59 p.m. EST on March 3, 2017.
All applications will be reviewed by the Sandy Hook Promise Start With Hello Award Committee between March 6 and March 31, 2017. The winner will be announced in May of 2017.
Award Criteria and Rules
Applications will be judged on a point system detailed in the application form below. Criteria includes:
- Implementation of a Start With Hello presentation during Start With Hello Week, February 6 – 10, 2017.
- Student Participation: Reached and included as many young people as possible during Start With Hello Week, February 6 – 10, 2017.
- Student spirit, creativity and ownership: Demonstrated that young people led the Start With Hello Week efforts and used their own creative voice, spirit and expression to make the week a success.
- Community Reach: Demonstrated Start With Hello Week reached the broader community, including parents, school/youth organization staff, community leaders, media, first responders and/or community members.
- Sustainability: Demonstrates that the school/youth organization has concrete plans, a calendar and commitment to sustain Start With Hello throughout the year, including a designated adult champion within the school/youth organization and a student club.
- Supporting documents: Supporting documents, such as photos, videos, materials or press clippings from your Start With Hello Week.
Please read the full Start With Hello Award application rules before submitting your application.
All questions must be sent in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Your Start With Hello Award Application