Social isolation is the overwhelming feeling of being left out, lonely, or treated like you are invisible. As a result, many further pull away from society, struggle with learning and social development and/or choose to hurt themselves or others. Start With Hello teaches students, grades 2-12, the skills they need to reach out to and include those who may be dealing with chronic social isolation and create a culture of inclusion and connectedness within their school or youth organization.
How Does This Program Work?
Start with Hello is a no-cost, easy-to-implement program that can be delivered in classes, assemblies or via student ambassadors. Training takes 50 minutes or less, and there is a wide range of post-training activities that can be done throughout the year to serve as reminders.
Start With Hello Week
During the week of February 8-12, 2016, hundreds of schools and youth organizations from across the United States will be participating in Start With Hello Week. Start With Hello Week raises awareness and educates students and the community through Start With Hello trainings, advertising, activities, public proclamations, media events, contests and school scholarship awards.
Start With Hello Week brings attention to the growing epidemic of social isolation in our schools and communities, and empowers young people to create a culture of inclusion and connectedness within their school or youth organization.
Learn more about participating in Start With Hello Week:
- Frequently Asked Questions: Learn more about Start With Hello Week.
- Start With Hello Week Planning Guide: Download this short planning guide that provides you with easy-to-implement ideas, activities and templates your school or youth organization can do in as little as an hour during Start With Hello Week or spread throughout the week.
- Start With Hello $10,000 Award: All schools and youth organizations participating in Start With Hello Week are eligible to apply for a $10,000 Start With Hello Award . The Start With Hello Week Guide contains tips and best practices that will help with your application.
- Start With Hello Logo: Download the Start With Hello logo to use in your Start With Hello Week activities.
- Start With Hello Poster: Coming soon.
Sign Up to Participate in Start With Hello Week