Please join us for our Promise 2 Carry It Forward Call to Action Week, May 14–18. We are asking each SAVE Promise Club to organize one to three activities that show how your students will carry forward their leadership and commitment to preventing violence. Some ideas for your Promise 2 Carry It Forward Call to Action Week include:
- Promise 2 Selfie Challenge: Students take selfies of themselves and club members or fellow students holding a sheet of paper saying what they "Promise 2." A Promise 2 selfie template is available here. Post the photos on social media using the hashtag #Promise2. Tag @nationalsave on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, @sandyhook on Twitter and @sandyhookpromise on Facebook and Instagram.
- Promise 2 Start With Hello Challenge: Students say “Hello” to 17 people they do not know.
- Promise 2 Be Kind Challenge: Students perform 17 acts of random kindness or pass out 17 kind notes.
- Promise 2 Be of Service Challenge: Students conduct a service project with their club that benefits at least 17 people.
- Promise 2 Say Something Challenge: Take students to visit a neighboring school, after-school program or local library hour and have them share information about Say Something or Start With Hello.
- Promise 2 Have a Safe Summer Challenge: Create banners and have students write what they Promise 2 do for a safe summer, then send us a picture of their club holding their banner.
- Promise 2 Accept Challenge: Students can wear a costume, pajamas or other items that are unique to them. Encourage your school community to celebrate each other’s uniqueness without judgment or fear.
- Promise 2 Sustain Challenge: Join Sandy Hook Promise for the 2018-19 school year. Mark your school calendars for Start With Hello Week, Sept. 24 to 28, 2018, and Say Something Week, Feb. 25 to March 1, 2019. Please fill out this interest form if you would like to learn more about Start With Hello Week and/or Say Something Week.
We ask that you also encourage your students to apply for the SAVE Promise Club National Youth Advisory Board. Sandy Hook Promise is accepting applications from SAVE Promise Club students and their adult advisors to formally join Sandy Hook Promise in informing their communities of best practices and planning key school and student events. Applications are due May 15. To learn more and apply, click here.