Together we took an incredibly important step in July, when bipartisan mental health reform passed the House almost unanimously thanks to supporters like you. But our fight isn't over yet.
These historic reforms still need to get a floor vote and pass the Senate before becoming law, and we only have a few short weeks before senators break for the campaign trail.
That's why we're organizing a nationwide call-in today to make passing this critical bill a top priority. Please make a quick call to your senators now and ask them to urge leadership to bring S. 2680 to the floor for a vote and to vote "yes" on this bill, which will help identify and provide treatment for those with mental health issues:
After countless phone calls and visits to congressional offices about my sweet little Daniel, I can promise your call, however short and simple, will make a real difference. Here are some talking points for your calls:
- Dial (202) 224-3121, press #1, then enter your Zip Code.
- Say your name and that you're the senator's constituent.
- Then, explain that you support S. 2680, the Mental Health Reform Act of 2016.
- Finish by urging your senator to ask Senate leaders to bring S. 2680 to the floor for immediate consideration and that your senator vote "yes" for mental health reform that will save lives, because too many families and communities have been devastated by untreated mental health issues.
- That's it! But if you'd like to say more, you can click here to learn more about the key parts of this important bill.
We've advocated for these reforms for over three years now, and I truly believe that by continuing to take action together we can finally get a Senate vote and pass the critical mental health reforms that may help save lives.
There are times when we rely heavily on our Sandy Hook Promise community, and this is one of them. We can't tell you enough how thankful we are to have your support at this crucial moment.