Youth to Youth: A Community Conversation
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
7:00 – 8:00 PM EST
Join us for an interactive session with the Sandy Hook Promise National Youth Advisory Board. Hear from other youth and share your ideas! Register now.
About this Event
The National Youth Advisory Board of Sandy Hook Promise knows this has been a challenging time, especially for young people. Between the stresses of school, isolation, the pandemic, and the movement for social justice, we all need time to breathe and be together. We invite you to join other high school youth from across the country on National SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) Day for a community conversation by youth for youth! This is an opportunity for you to come together in brave space. With us, you will listen, learn, share and create a community that will contribute to a network across the country that will support youth in helping create safer and healthier schools and communities especially as we face the challenges of COVID and the ongoing need for social justice. All youth welcome; join as you are.
You will be:
- Educated about the legacy of Alex Orange on National SAVE Day and challenged to create your own legacy
- Encouraged as you listen, learn and share SAVE Promise Club activities, initiatives and ideas
- Engaged with a community that will welcome you, inspire you and create brave space for you
- Empowered to build safer and healthier school communities – we may be physically distanced, but we can still be socially connected!
Please Note. This event is for youth in grades 9 – 12. Free. Pre-registration required.
National SAVE Day Youth Community Conversation
- Welcome to the Conversation
- What is SAVE Promise Club & why it matters now!
- Community Conversation Set up (conversation starters, ideas)
- Talk Time! (listen, talk, or type in the chat; you choose)
- Spotlight – breakout rooms share back highlights