All schools and youth organizations participating in Say Something Week are eligible to apply for Say Something Awards. The Say Something Week Guide contains tips and best practices that will help with your application.
The completed application, along with supporting documents, must be submitted between October 20 and November 17, 2017. No application will be accepted past 11:59 p.m. EST on November 17, 2017.
All applications will be reviewed by the Sandy Hook Promise's Say Something Award Committee between November 17 and December 22, 2017. The winners will be announced in January of 2018.
Award Criteria and Rules
Applications will be judged on a point system detailed in the application form below. Criteria includes:
- Implementation of a Say Something presentation during Say Something Week, October 16 - 20, 2017
- Student Participation: Reached and included as many young people as possible during Say Something Week, October 16 - 20, 2017
- Student spirit, creativity and ownership: Demonstrated that young people led the Say Something Week efforts and used their own creative voice, spirit and expression to make the week a success
- Community Reach: Demonstrated Say Something Week reached the broader community, including parents, school/youth organization staff, community leaders, media, first responders and/or community members
- Sustainability: Demonstrates that the school/youth organization has officially registered as a SAVE Promise Club and has concrete plans, a calendar and commitment to sustain Say Something throughout the year via the SAVE Promise Club
- Supporting documents: Your school, school district or youth organization will be required to submit at least one video and five photos from your Say Something Week
Please read the full Say Something Awards application rules before submitting your application.
All questions related to the Say Something Award and application must be sent in writing to: email@example.com.
Submit Your Say Something Awards Application