Start With Hello Week has passed, but you can take part any time!
If you were unable to host Start With Hello Week during the week of September 24–28, 2018, your school or youth organization can still implement Start With Hello later in the school year.
Want a fun and easy way to create a culture of inclusion that values each individual at your school?...Start with Hello! This program enables students to make a difference with their peers in a simple, fun, and impactful way by encouraging them to take small but powerful actions to promote connectedness and inclusion, and to identify and help others who are showing signs of social isolation.
Social isolation is the overwhelming feeling of being left out, lonely or treated like you are invisible. Young people who feel this way may pull away from society, struggle with learning and social development, or choose to hurt themselves or others.
By signing up for Start With Hello Week, you are helping to bring attention to the growing epidemic of social isolation and empowering young people in your school or youth organization to create a culture of inclusion and connectedness.
Start With Hello Week: September 24–28, 2018
During the week of September 24–28th, 2018, hundreds of schools and youth organizations across the United States will participate in Start With Hello Week and teach students, grades 2–12, the skills they need to create a culture of inclusion and connectedness, and encourage them to reach out to and include those who may be dealing with chronic social isolation. Start With Hello Week raises awareness about social isolation and educates students and the community on how to prevent it through: Start With Hello trainings, advertising, activities, public proclamations, media events, student contests and school awards. Start With Hello Week is FREE, easy to implement, and will make a lasting impact on the people in your school, students and adults alike.
Whether your school or youth organization has participated in Start With Hello in the past, or has just learned about it, Start With Hello Week is the perfect opportunity to welcome students back to school and to engage students around sustaining a culture of inclusiveness and connectedness throughout the school year after year.
Learn more about participating in Start With Hello Week
- Frequently Asked Questions: Learn more about Start With Hello Week.
- Start With Hello Week Planning Guide: Download this newly updated, no-cost and easy to implement planning guide that provides you with ideas, activities and templates your school or youth organization can do in as little as an hour during Start With Hello Week.
- Start With Hello Student Voices Contest: Encourage your students to enter their creative submissions into our Start With Hello Student Voices Contest.
- Start With Hello School Award: All schools and youth organizations participating in Start With Hello Week are eligible to apply for a Start With Hello Award.
- Share Start With Hello with your community: Use this sample email and sample letter to the editor to invite schools and youth organizations in your community to participate in Start With Hello Week.
Start With Hello Materials are available in Spanish! ¡Los materiales de StartWithHello están disponibles en Español! To receive the materials, please sign up to participate in Start With Hello Week.
Sign Up to Participate in Start With Hello Week