Sandy Hook Promise Action Fund advocates for the creation of new and enforcement of existing gun violence prevention policy in the areas of:
- Mental Health & Wellness - identification, intervention and help for individuals who may want to hurt themselves or be violent toward others.
- Firearm Access - ensuring that those who should not have access to a firearm are restricted and that all firearms are kept safe and secure from at-risk children and teens.
- Research - funding for research to identify evidenced-based policy and non-policy programs that help stop individuals who may want to hurt themselves or be violent toward others.
SHP strongly believes in upholding the rights of gun owners – we do not support bans on firearms, demonize gun owners or believe the sole cause of gun violence is the "gun". Instead, SHP believes the conversation, programs and policy need to focus on gun violence prevention and the "human" who has made the decision to hurt them self or others.
DOWNLOAD SHP LEGISLATIVE PLATFORM: DOWNLOAD
549,380 acts of gun violence occur each year.
- Stock Donation or Planned Gift to SHP: Please call us at (203) 304-9780 or email us at email@example.com.
- Support our SHP Action Fund: Non tax deductible fund dedicated to advocate for state and federal policy changes in the areas of mental wellness and gun safety.
- Support our SHP Foundation: Tax-deductible fund dedicated to building a national network of Promise Communities committed to Parent Together and implement mental wellness, community and gun safety programs.
- If you prefer to make a donation by check, it should be made payable to the Sandy Hook Promise Community Fund and mailed to: PO Box 3489, Newtown, CT 06470, Attention: Development.
Your donations to the Sandy Hook Promise Community Fund will help provide immediate and long-term aid to family members who lost loved ones, those wounded, and others in our community impacted by this tragedy.
The SHP Community Fund is a restricted fund dedicated solely to the Newtown community. It is needs based – requiring individuals and/or C3 organizations to request assistance from SHP. SHP will also develop programs with funding as needed. No fees and/or administrative costs are taken from this fund.
Sandy Hook Promise is a national non-profit organization founded and led by several family members whose loved ones were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012.
Based in Newtown, Connecticut, our intent is to honor all victims of gun violence by turning our tragedy into a moment of transformation by providing programs and practices that protect children and prevent the senseless, tragic loss of life.
Based in Newtown, Connecticut, our intent is to honor all victims of gun violence by turning our tragedy into a moment of transformation by providing programs and practices that protect children from gun violence.
By uniting people of all beliefs and backgrounds who value the protection of children to take meaningful actions in their homes and communities, we will prevent gun violence and stop the tragic loss of life.