Sandy Hook Promise Foundation educates and empowers parents, schools and community organizations to prevent gun violence before it happens and advocates for sensible violence prevention policy. We know all too well the human toll of gun violence – it's the lives of our children and loved ones. And we can't bear the thought that more children could be at risk because we didn't have enough resources to protect them.
If you support Sandy Hook Promise Foundation, then together we can create a culture engaged in preventing shootings, violence and other harmful acts in schools. Here are some of the many ways you can support Sandy Hook Promise:
- Give Online: You can make either a monthly or one-time donation via our secure online donation system.
- Mail a Check: If you prefer to donate by check, please make it payable to Sandy Hook Promise Foundation, and mail it to: PO Box 3489, Newtown, CT 06470.
- Celebratory or Memorial Gift: Make a tax-deductible donation in honor of a friend or family member.
- Donate Your Birthday: Your friends can celebrate your special day by making a gift to Sandy Hook Promise on Facebook’s birthday fundraiser tool.
- Host a Fundraiser: Download our fundraising guide, and start having fun – fundraising for a good cause.
- Crowdfunding: Whether you’re running a marathon or a lemonade stand, you can fundraise and donate proceeds through GoFundMe.
- Engage in Philanthropy: Corporations, foundations, individual philanthropists and more work with our development team to partner on philanthropic solutions to help end gun violence.
- Donor Advised Funds: SHP is pleased to accept gifts via Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) or wire transfer. For more information on making these contributions, please contact Betsy Gell, Director of Major Giving
- Stock Donation or Planned Gift to SHP: Please supply your financial institution or advisor with the following account information:
Sandy Hook Promise Foundation
Charles Schwab Account No. 1730-4823
To let us know about your impending stock gift or if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (203) 304-9780.
- Shop at Our Store: Show you care and make a fashion statement against gun violence with clothing and accessories from our online store.
Sandy Hook Promise Foundation is a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt public charity, and your donation is 100% tax-deductible. See our full financial reports and tax information here.
Matching Gift Programs
Thanks to the generosity of Sandy Hook Promise’s corporate and foundation supporters, employees can double or even triple their donations to Sandy Hook Promise through matching gift programs. Many companies and foundations provide matching gifts, and these donations help support our mission.
Companies and foundations use various procedures by which employees can request matching gifts: online forms, payroll deductions or paper forms. Contact your company's human resources department to research your options. If your company uses a paper matching gift form, please complete the employee portion of the form, and send it to Sandy Hook Promise. We'll do the rest!
Sandy Hook Promise Foundation
Attn: Matching Gifts
PO Box 3489
Newtown, CT 06470
If you or your company have any questions about our Matching Gifts Program, please call (203) 304-9780, or email email@example.com.
Sandy Hook Promise Action Fund, a 501 (c) (4) Organization
Support our SHP Action Fund: By making a gift to our sister organization, Sandy Hook Promise Action Fund, your non-tax-deductible donation will be dedicated to advocating for state and federal policy changes.