Winners of the Start With Hello Week annual award in recognition of schools that bring Start With Hello alive will be announced in early December.
- Students, teachers and/or staff nominate their schools, youth organizations, or districts.
- Nominations are open from 9/27 – 11/1/2019. (Deadline extended!)
- The top ten winners will be announced in early December.
- School or Youth Organization prizes include $250, a plaque and recognition
- District Grand prize includes $1,000, a plaque and recognition
- Free admission to the SAVE Youth Summit for 5 students and 2 educators
How to Apply
Applications will be judged by a committee on the following criteria. A detailed breakdown of the criteria can be found on this rubric:
- % of student population: evidence of the percent of the total student body trained in the Start With Hello
- Student leadership: evidence of leadership by students with their school’s Start With Hello Week activities. Evidence of a SAVE Promise Club’s involvement and leadership in Start With Hello Week planning and implementation will also be considered.
- Activities: evidence that Start With Hello activities promote the three steps of Start With Hello as well as demonstrate a celebration of inclusion, kindness, and community-building.
- Sustainability: evidence of a plan to continue Start With Hello activities throughout the school year.
Grand Prize School District-Wide Award: evidence of collaboration and broad reach of the Start With Hello Week celebrations among elementary, middle and high schools. Evidence may include photos, videos, written description and other documentation that demonstrations any of the above criteria.
In order to apply for a Start With Hello Award, schools and youth organizations must be able to demonstrate that they participated in Start With Hello Week and serve more than 25 youth in grades 2-12.
Please read the Start With Hello Week Award Criteria before submitting your application.
All questions must be sent in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.