In order to apply for a Start With Hello Award, schools and youth organizations must be able to demonstrate that they participated in Start With Hello Week and serve more than 25 youth in grades 2-12. The Start With Hello Week Planning Guide contains tips and best practices that will help with your application.
Prizes for the winning Start With Hello Award schools and youth organizations include:
- A Sandy Hook Promise visit to your school
- Travel stipends of $250-$2,000 for travel to the annual SAVE Promise Club Summit
- A showcase of your school’s Start With Hello Week video and activities at the annual SAVE Promise Club Summit
- Recognition on Sandy Hook Promise’s social media and related materials
- Award certificates
The completed application, along with supporting documents, must be submitted between Sept. 28 and Oct. 29, 2018. No application will be accepted past 11:59 p.m. EDT on Oct. 29, 2018.
All applications will be reviewed by the Sandy Hook Promise Start With Hello Award Committee between Oct. 29 and Nov. 12, 2018. The winner will be announced in late November 2018.
Award Criteria and Rules
Applications will be judged on a point system detailed in the application form below. Criteria include:
- Implementation of a Start With Hello presentation during Start With Hello Week, Sept. 24–28, 2018.
- Student Participation: Reached and included as many young people as possible during Start With Hello Week, Sept. 24–28, 2018.
- Student leadership, spirit, creativity and ownership: Demonstrated that young people led the Start With Hello Week efforts and used their own creative voice, spirit and expression to make the week a success.
- Community Reach: Demonstrated Start With Hello Week reached the broader community, including parents, school/youth organization staff, community leaders, media, first responders and/or community members.
- Sustainability: Demonstrates that the school/youth organization has concrete plans, a calendar and commitment to sustain Start With Hello throughout the year through a SAVE Promise Club.
- Supporting documents: Supporting documents, such as photos, videos, materials or press clippings from your Start With Hello Week.
Please read the full Start With Hello Award application rules before submitting your application.
All questions must be sent in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Your Start With Hello Award Application