No-cost, downloadable tools that teach children and teens how to be more socially inclusive and connected to each other. Start With Hello asks students, educators, parents and other community leaders who interact with children to take steps in class, the lunchroom and/or on the bus to be inclusive and connected.
Download our newly updated, no-cost and easy to implement Planning Guide that will provide you detailed information on how to plan for a great Start With Hello Week. In addition, our Toolkit provides you with resources, ideas, examples and activities your school or youth organization can do in as little as an hour during Start With Hello Week.
Start With Hello Train the Trainer Video
The Start With Hello Train the Trainer video teaches adults how to deliver an in-person Student Training. This Train the Trainer is conducted by Marykay Wishneski, who is Sandy Hook Promise's National Outreach Coordinator.
- This Train the Trainer Video is conducted by Marykay Wishneski, who is Sandy Hook Promise's National Outreach Coordinator.
Start With Hello Student Training Video
To see an example of the Start With Hello Student Training by one of our many outstanding Promise Presenters, we strongly encourage you to watch the following Student Training both before and after the Train the Trainer video. Please note, this video is intended only for training purposes for Start With Hello presenters. They are not intended for student use.
- This Student Training is conducted by Andre Elliot, who is Sandy Hook Promise’s National Training Manager.
Start With Hello Educators Guide
This easy-to-use guide is designed to assist adult educators in delivering the Start with Hello program. It includes classroom objectives, discussion questions, key messages, activities, extension options and additional resources.
- Grade School Guide (English)
- Middle and High School Guide (English)
- Guía Para Educadores de Grados 2-5 (Español)
- Guía Para Educadores de Grados 6-12 (Español)
Start With Hello Parent Brochure
The Start with Hello Parent Resource Guide is a tool that parents and caretakers can use – and that schools and youth organizations can give to parents – to help continue the Start with Hello conversation at home.
- Start with Hello Parent Brochure (English)
- Guía Para Padres (Español)
- Gid (Haitian Creole)
- Pai Guia (Portuguese)
- HƯỚNG DẪN PHỤ HUYNH (Vietnamese)
Start With Hello Student Guide
This easy-to-use guide is designed to assist youth ambassador or peer leaders in delivering the Start with Hello program. It includes tips for getting started; key action steps and messages to emphasize; and ideas, activities and resources that young people can do throughout the year to carry Start with Hello forward.
- Start with Hello Student Guide (English)
- Guía Para Líderes Estudiantiles (Español)
- Gid Pou Elèv Ki Lidè (Haitian Creole)
- Estudiante Guia Do Líder (Portuguese)
- HƯỚNG DẪN THỦ LĨNH HỌC SINH (Vietnamese)
Start With Hello PowerPoint Presentation
The Start with Hello PowerPoint Presentation accompanies the Educators and Student guides. In most cases, the Start with Hello presentation can be completed in 20-40 minutes. Please note that the translations for the Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and Vietnamese presentations are in the notes section of the PowerPoint which must be downloaded to be displayed.
- Grade School Presentation (English)
- Middle and High School Presentation (English)
- Programa Juvenil – Escuela Primaria (Español)
- Programa Juvenil – Escuela Secundaria (Español)
- Grade School Presentation (Portuguese)
- High School Presentation (Portuguese)
- Grade School Presentation (Haitian Creole)
- High School Presentation (Haitian Creole)
- Grade School Presentation (Vietnamese)
- High School Presentation (Vietnamese)
Read about the project that helped a Mannsdale Upper Elementary student win a Start with Hello Student Voices Award and get showcased in her local newspaper!
Track Your Start With Hello Training
To help Sandy Hook Promise share the numbers of youth trained in Start with Hello with our funders and supporters, please share your training back with us.
For additional ideas on how to sustain Start with Hello and empower your students to look out for one another and be leaders, visit www.sandyhookpromise.org/savepromiseclub to learn more.