Thank you for signing up for Start With Hello! This webpage includes all of the resources and material for a successful Start With Hello program launch. Please save this webpage to your favorites so you can view it often and find the resources easily.
On the page below is your Start With Hello PowerPoint presentation, the Train the Trainer video, and supporting material. In the Supporting Material section, you will find the educator guide, student guide, parent brochure, and logos for school use. You will also find the Start With Hello Week Planning Guide and Toolkit under Additional Supporting Material for Start With Hello Week in the fall 2020 – check in the spring for specific details on how to register and participate.
Please note: Occasionally, firewalls block access to the materials. If you are unable to access links on this page, please contact the IT department at your school or organization or log on to a different wi-fi network.
The Start With Hello curriculum is delivered to students through the Start With Hello PowerPoint Presentation. To assist educators with leading the training, Sandy Hook Promise has created a Train the Trainer video. In the video, SHP Staff Member Marykay Wishneski walks educators through the presentation step-by-step. Please note, this video is intended only for Start With Hello presenter training purposes and is not intended for student use.
Start With Hello Train the Trainer Video
Start With Hello Presentations
The Start with Hello presentations can be completed in 40 minutes. Please note that the translations for the Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and Vietnamese presentations are in the notes section of the PowerPoint which must be downloaded to be displayed.
- Grade School Presentation (English)
- Middle and High School Presentation (English)
- Programa Juvenil – Escuela Primaria (Español)
- Programa Juvenil – Escuela Secundaria (Español)
- Grade School Presentation (Portuguese)
- High School Presentation (Portuguese)
- Grade School Presentation (Haitian Creole)
- High School Presentation (Haitian Creole)
- Grade School Presentation (Vietnamese)
- High School Presentation (Vietnamese)
New! Start With Hello Digital Elementary Program Educator Guides
Find comprehensive lesson plans and activities with a curriculum map. These guides complement the new interactive digital learning platform. Register at www.sandyhookpromisetraining.org to access all the free digital tools and instructional resources.
Start With Hello Overview Letter for Educators
Download this customizable letter to email to your fellow educators, faculty and staff.
Start With Hello Educator Guide
This easy-to-use guide is designed to assist adult educators in delivering the Start with Hello program. It includes classroom objectives, discussion questions, key messages, activities, extension options, and additional resources.
- Grade School Guide (English)
- Middle and High School Guide (English)
- Guía Para Educadores de Grados 2-5 (Español)
- Guía Para Educadores de Grados 6-12 (Español)
Start With Hello Student Guide
This easy-to-use guide is designed to assist students in delivering the Start with Hello program. It includes tips for getting started; key action steps and messages to emphasize; and ideas, activities, and resources that young people can do throughout the year to carry Start with Hello forward.
- Start with Hello Student Guide (English)
- Guía Para Líderes Estudiantiles (Español)
- Gid Pou Elèv Ki Lidè (Haitian Creole)
- Estudiante Guia Do Líder (Portuguese)
- HƯỚNG DẪN THỦ LĨNH HỌC SINH (Vietnamese)
Start With Hello Parent Brochure
The Start with Hello Parent Brochure is a tool that is provided by the school or youth organization and can be sent home via email for parents and caregivers to help continue the Start With Hello conversation at home.
- Start with Hello Parent Brochure (English)
- Guía Para Padres (Español)
- Gid (Haitian Creole)
- Pai Guia (Portuguese)
- HƯỚNG DẪN PHỤ HUYNH (Vietnamese)
Start With Hello Logos
Click here to download a set of Sandy Hook Promise, Start With Hello, and SAVE Promise Club logos and graphics. Please follow these guidelines when using a Sandy Hook Promise logo:
- Please do not alter the SHP logo in any way (beyond size)
- Do not overlap any other visuals or words on top of the logo when using it
- This logo is approved by SHP for use with school-approved purposes only
Start With Hello Student Training Video
To see an example of the Start With Hello Student Training by one of our many outstanding Promise Presenters, we strongly encourage you to watch the following Student Training before presenting the material. Please note, this video is intended only for training purposes for Start With Hello presenters. They are not intended for student use.
Start With Hello Final Steps
Track Your Start With Hello Training
Make your training official, and help Sandy Hook Promise share the number of youths trained in Start with Hello with our funders and supporters. Please track your success here to be part of the Start With Hello movement!
Sustain the Message with our SAVE Promise Clubs
SAVE (Students Against Violence Everywhere) Promise Clubs are a place for young people across the country to show their leadership, creativity and passion for protecting their friends, schools and communities from violence BEFORE it happens. For additional ideas on how to sustain Start with Hello and empower your students to look out for one another and be leaders, visit SAVE Promise Clubs to learn more.